Golden State Instruments, Inc. Warranty Policy
Golden State Instruments, Inc. (GSI) warrants all products to be free from any manufacturing or material defects. This warranty only extends to the product itself, and expressly excludes any consequential, incidental or any other monetary damages. GSI products carry a limited warranty with the following items listed below.
All cameras have a three (3) year warranty with the exception of the following:
- PTZ cameras have a one (1) year warranty for the pan/tilt/zoom mechanism.
All LCD test monitors have a one (1) year warranty.
Power Supply Warranty
Wall-mounted power supplies and plug-in transformers have a one (1) year warranty.
DVR and NVR Warranty
DVRs, NVRs and Servers have a three (3) year warranty including hard drive.
- DVR and NVR power supplies have a one (1) year warranty.
Five (5) year warranty.
GS-DVR-STK and GS-DVR-STK-KB Warranty
90 day warranty.
Equipment Not Listed
Items not listed in an above category have a one (1) year warranty.
Product(s) can be returned within 90 days of purchase with a copy of the original invoice or purchase order to authorized distributor for replacement or credit. If the product is not in new condition, there is a 15% restocking fee. Legacy items are subject to a 40% restocking fee. GSI will not credit any item that shows damage. Additional charges will be incurred if the unit has been damaged or is returned without all accessories. Before shipping any product to GSI a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) must be obtained.
Defective product(s) can be exchanged within six (6) months of purchase with a copy of the original invoice or purchase order to authorized distributors. If the item is not in stock at an authorized distributor, the distributor will be responsible to send a purchase order to GSI. There will be additional charges incurred if the unit has been damaged or is returned without all accessories. Before shipping any product to GSI an RMA must be obtained.
Product(s) that have an expired warranty may be eligible for a non-warranty repair. All non-warranty repairs will be at an hourly labor rate of $75/hour plus parts assessed. GSI will not pay freight in or out for any non-warranty repairs. Before shipping any product to GSI an RMA must be obtained.
GSI does not warrant or guarantee, and is not responsible for:
- Defects, failures, damages or performance limitations caused in whole or in part by (A) power failures, surges, fires, floods, snow, ice, lightning, excessive heat or cold, highly corrosive environments, accidents, actions of third parties, or other events outside of GSI’s control, or (B) customer’s abuse, mishandling, misuse, negligence, improper storage, servicing or operation, or unauthorized attempts to repair or alter the equipment in any way.
- Alterations and/or modifications to any part of GSI’s product, without GSI’s written authorization, unconditionally VOIDS the GSI standard warranty. Equipment built to customer’s specifications that are later found to not meet customer’s needs or expectations.
- The performance of the equipment when used in combination with equipment not purchased, specified, or approved by GSI.
- Batteries and other consumable goods.
- Wearable items such as tooling, cables, part harnesses, contacts, etc.
Product warranty subject to change without notice.